Valentine’s Day in Newcastle – Feeling The Feels Yet?
Whether you’re celebrating Valentine’s Day with a romantic evening out or a cozy night in, Newcastle has plenty of options for students.
From free activities to paid experiences, there’s something for everyone in this bustling university town. So why not make the most of your time in Newcastle and make this Valentine’s Day one to remember?
Here are 5 paid things to do with your loved one on Valentine’s Day:
- Have a small bar on wheels in your student accommodation but you don’t exactly know how to use it? Revolucion de Cuba is hosting a Cocktail Masterclass for couples or friends on Valentine’s Day. Imagine learning how to make a proper Negroni and having one right before going to a lecture. Can you taste the happiness yet?
- Visit the Newcastle Castle for a trip to the past and enjoy stories about the people who lived and loved in there before.
- Want a romantic but fun dinner? McDonald’s on Northumberland Street is now booking table for couples, and they promise the most romantic dining experience for Big Mac-lovers. You lovin’ it yet?
- Speaking of romance, how about a heart-shaped pizza and Love Hearts cocktails from Pizza Punks? I can say from experience you will want to go there again.
- How about a romantic stroll around town to see the Sage Gateshead? Let us know on Instagram what you think it looks like because we’ve got some good ideas.
Here are 5 free activities to do in case you’re saving up for something and you’re on a budget:
- Explore the Quayside Market – The Quayside Market is a vibrant and bustling market in Newcastle, offering a variety of food, drink, and handmade goods. Take a stroll through the market and enjoy the sights, sounds, and flavors of the city together.
- Write love letters to each other, because WHY NOT? I mean, just show me one single person who never thought of the kind of love Mr Darcy and Elizabeth had.
- Have a cook-off competition because who doesn’t love good food? Especially when you’re playing to win.
- How about some good laughs doing at home karaoke with your one? I’M IN LOVE WITH THE SHAPE OF YOUUUU
- Take a long romantic drive and maybe catch a sunset by the beach or end up stargazing somewhere.
Whether you’re single, going through a breakup, or just not a fan of the holiday, Anti-Valentine’s Day is a way to embrace the less traditional and more alternative side of this holiday. But beyond the celebrations, Anti-Valentine’s Day is also an opportunity to focus on kindness and spreading positivity.
One of the best ways to celebrate Anti-Valentine’s Day is to spend time with friends and loved ones. Whether you’re going out for dinner, catching a movie, or simply hanging out at home, spending time with those who make you happy is the perfect way to escape the holiday. You can also use this day to focus on self-care and do something you’ve been putting off, like taking a relaxing bath, reading a book, or going for a walk.
Another way to celebrate Anti-Valentine’s Day is to spread kindness and positivity to those around you.
This can be as simple as leaving a positive note for a stranger, volunteering at a local charity, or simply showing gratitude to those who matter to you. The act of kindness can be contagious and spread throughout your community, making a positive impact on the lives of others.
For all of you lovely people who are looking for somewhere to live while at uni, look no further than Burgess House.
The student flats at Burgess House are designed with students in mind, making it the perfect choice for those who want to balance their studies with their social life. In addition to the great location and facilities, Burgess House also offers a range of social and recreational activities, so you can meet new people and make the most of your time in Newcastle.
So, if you’re looking for a student accommodation in Newcastle that offers the perfect balance of comfort, convenience, and community, look no further than Burgess House. Contact us today to learn more about this amazing student accommodation and to schedule a tour.
On behalf of all of us at Urban Evolution, we wish you a happy Valentine’s Day :).